- Swedish massage is the style that comes to mind when most people think about massage. The goal is relaxing the entire body by rubbing the muscles with long gliding strokes in the direction of blood returning to the heart. Additional techniques include circular pressure applied by the hands and palms, firm kneading, percussion-like tapping, bending and stretching. Lotion is often used to reduce friction and stimulate the skin.
Deep Tissue Massage - Deep tissue massage is similar to Swedish massage, but with a focus on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is especially helpful for chronically tense and contracted areas such as stiff necks, low back tightness, and sore shoulders. The movement in deep tissue massage is generally slower and the pressure is deeper and concentrated on areas of tension and pain. Clients may experience soreness for a day or two following a deep tissue massage, before the desired benefit of relaxation and pain relief sets in
Hot Stone Massage - Our professional massage therapists incorporate the use of hot stones into your customized massage, to create a healing and relaxing experience. Heated smooth, flat stones are placed on key points on the body, as well as held by the therapist for massaging certain areas of the body. The heat warms and relaxes the muscles, which allows the therapist to apply deeper pressure, if desired.
Sports Massage - Sports massage is a form of massage which is growing in popularity. It is used by athletes, both professional and amateur, as well as many non-sporting individuals due to its many benefits. A regular sports massage can help prevent injury by improving the condition of the muscles. Sports massage can be used in the treatment of specific injuries, such as hamstring strains, as well as to help correct muscle imbalances, overuse and postural issues.
- Studies indicate that massage therapy performed during pregnancy can reduce anxiety, decrease symptoms of depression, relieve muscle aches and joint pains, and improve labor outcomes and newborn health. These changes in hormone levels also led to fewer complications during birth and fewer instances of newborn complications, such as low birth weight. The evidence points strongly to maternal and newborn health benefits when therapeutic massage is incorporated into regular prenatal care. Massage helps to stimulate soft tissues to reduce collection of fluids in swollen joints, which also improves the removal of tissue waste, carried by the body’s lymph system. We offer prenatal massage in only 30 and 60 minute intervals for the comfort and safety of mother and child.
Miofascial Release - Fascia is the soft tissue component of the connective tissue that provides support and protection for most structures within the human body, including muscle. This soft tissue can become restricted due to disease, overuse, trauma, infectious agents, or inactivity, often resulting in pain, muscle tension, and corresponding diminished blood flow. The myofascial release method works through engaging the myofascial tissue restrictive barrier with a constant force until tissue release occurs. Our therapists use their hands, knuckles, and elbows to slowly stretch the restricted fascia, until the deep tissues are released.
Mixed Method General Wellness - Our therapists are trained to customize your massage to your individual needs, using any of the above methods, as well as Pain Management, Injury Treatment, Stress Management, Relaxation Techniques, and Chronic Pain Reduction.
Scented Massage - Enjoy a Swedish or Deep Tissue Massage with the addition of our upgraded scented creams by Keyano. These rich body butters leave the skin super soft and silky. Choose from the following scents:
- Chocolate Bliss
- Champagne & Rose
- Pumpkin Spice
- Peppermint Stick
- Coconut Lime
- Reflexology - Manipulation of specific reflex areas in the feet and hands that correspond to other parts of the body. Pressure is applied to the reflex zones to stimulate body organs and relieve areas of congestion. Reflexology works with the body's energy flow to stimulate circulation of blood and lymphatic fluids. It is especially useful in stress-related imbalances.
- Reiki - Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that
also promotes healing. It is administered by a light touch of hands or hovering of hands, and is
based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us
and is what causes us to be alive. If one's life force energy is low,
then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high,
we are more capable of being happy and healthy. A Reiki treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through
and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions,
mind and spirit creating many beneficial effects that include relaxation
and feelings of peace, security and well being. Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and
self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping
virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a
beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical
or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
- Lomi Lomi - Traditional Hawaiian style massage utilizing deep, continuous, rhythmic massage strokes along the entire body, releasing muscle tension and physical stress. Full body draping is utilized during our Lomi Lomi massages.
- Indian Head Massage - Indian head massage is based on the Ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. It is a form of relaxation massage that focuses on the face, head, neck, shoulders, upper back and upper arms leaving the recipient relaxed and rejuvenated. Note: This service utilizes the application of moderate amounts of oils to the face, hair, and scalp, with light removal by steamed towels.
- Aromatherapy - Aromatherapy is the practice of using the natural oils extracted
from flowers, bark, stems, leaves, roots or other parts of a plant to
enhance psychological and physical well-being.
The inhaled aroma from these "essential" oils is widely believed to
stimulate brain function. Essential oils can also be absorbed through
the skin, where they travel through the bloodstream and can promote
whole-body healing. At Morgan Ford Massage Therapy, we have created customized aromatherapy blends to provide the best therapeutic benefits to your massage experience. Choose from Relaxation, Clear Mind, Stress Relief, Energizing, Headache Relief, Lotus Love, Blemish/Oil Control, Immunity Builder and Cold Therapy.
- Heat Therapy - also called thermotherapy, is the application of heat to the body for pain relief and health. We use heated gel packs wrapped in soft towels to apply soothing heat to aching muscles. Extremely beneficial to those with arthritis and deep tissue injuries. Heat therapy decreases joint stiffness, reduces pain, relieves
muscle spasms, increases blood flow and reduces inflammation.
The increased blood flow to the affected area provides proteins,
nutrients, and oxygen for better healing.
Note: Our sessions are by appointment only. While we are usually able to accommodate same-day appointments, sessions are most effectively scheduled with a minimum of 24 - 48 hours notice. A one-hour minimum notice is required for online booking (call for immediate availability). Before and after hours appointments available upon request (please call for availability).